$1,000 Per Month Minisite
- $1,000 a Month From a Minisite
- How to Find a Profitable Keyword for Your Minisite
- Picking a Product to Promote on Your Minisite
- Picking the Best Domain for SEO
This is the third part of my series where I am trying to make a minsite that makes $1,000 per month. On the right is the series navigation, so start at the beginning if you want the whole story.
Finding affiliate products to promote on your mini site, usually is pretty easy. There are tons of places you can look for them online as well as many independent affiliate programs. For the sake of keeping this article under 3,000 words I will only be going over Clickbank and Amazon.com. So let’s start it off.
Finding products to promote on Clickbank.com
Clickbank is a gigantic website where vendors and affiliates can find each other. I think they say that they have over 100,000 affiliates or something ridiculous like that and that they have paid out over 1.5 billion. So if you aren’t a member, I would go sign up with them. It is totally free, but can take a few days to get approved.
So now I want you to go check out their market place here. This is where all of their products are listed.
I hope you have found exactly what keyword and niche you will be targeting. If not, go back to my post on finding a keyword for your minisite.
I will be sticking with my keyword: “perfect golf swing”
All of the products are listed in the marketplace.
However, I find that cbengine is way easier to search through.
Go to the left hand side of the site and click category list. (I find the search function of both cb engine and the marketplace blow) Now scroll down to the category you would most likely find a product for your keyword. For mine I went down to sports and then the sub category of golf. I get this:
To explain the two descriptions of products briefly (more in-depth below) Earn % is the percent of sale price you earn and Grav is how popular the product is.
Try to find one that is related to your keyword. All of mine are, so I clicked on the top one. I got this:
Here is what some of the stuff means:
- Future $ – This is the average amount of money paid to affiliates excluding the first sale (For example a recurring payment, or a product that bills 3 times)
- Total $/Sale – This is basically the average total amount an affiliate makes per sale (including rebills)
- Avg %/Sale – The percent of the sale price paid to the affiliates
- %refd – Amount of sales that are made by affiliates vs. non affiliates, such as the creator of the product.
- Grav – This one is tricky. Grav is short for gravity and tt basically means the amount of sales made in the past 8 weeks, sort of. A high number can indicate a hot product, but also a lot of competition. But new products have no gravity even if they will be amazing sellers. And some items with gravity 400 seem impossible to sell. I have heard a lot of advice saying find a product somewhere between 10-100. I don’t always stick to this though, so if you find a great product screw it.
I generally like to find products that have a very high Avg $/Sale, above 65% for sure, and a $/Sale to be around 25-30. The $/Sale isn’t crucial because at lower prices generally more people will buy and at higher prices less people will buy, but I like seeing $25 drop into my account
But more important than anything above is the website itself. Click the View Website link. This brings you to the actual page that your traffic will be clicking.
I am not going to get all technical on you, but basically read through the website to see if it looks like a good seller. Are the headlines good? Are the pictures attractive? Do you believe the story the person is telling you? Do you get more and more excited about the product as you read? Would you buy this product?
In my case, all of the above was true. If not, try the next one.
Here comes a hard step for many internet marketers. Buy the product. This will help you out in many different ways:
- You will know if it is a crappy product, and hopefully know not to promote it.
- You will have to be writing about this product, so actually reading/using it will help you a thousand times over in this section.
- You will seem more authentic because you actually have purchased/used the product.
- You will feel better about yourself because you are not a shady internet marketer!
If all checks out with the product, you have got yourself a winner. Use the hoplink builder to build your affiliate link, or create your own with this template: http://CLICKBANKID.VENDOR.hop.clickbank.net
Finding products to promote on Amazon.com
This is actually way easier in my opinion. I am sure all of you know of the online megastore Amazon.com, but maybe you did not know they have a sweet affiliate program. Sign up here for it.
In comparison to Clickbank, the %/Sale is measly, anywhere from 4% to 8% and up to 15% for special items. That might sound terrible at first, but there are some points you need to take into consideration.
- People trust Amazon. They might not trust some dinky little landing page.
- Amazon spends millions of dollars per year optimizing their site to provide maximum sales. Cha-ching.
- You get commission on any sale made by the person you referred to the site within 24 hours of them going through your link. This means that if they don’t even buy your product, but go Christmas shopping, you can make a nice chunk of change.
- You can sell almost anything!
Searching through Amazon is super simple. Either use the search form or go by category. I generally sort by bestselling because they are way easier to sell.
When you find a decent product, make sure you read the reviews. It is a major deal breaker if the reviews are bad.
If you are signed into your affiliate account you should have a toolbar at the top of the Amazon page. To get your affiliate link for this product, while you are on the product page click “Link to this page.” You will get something that looks like this:
Click the “Text Only (Basic Display)” button and change the link text to whatever you want. Then copy the html below. If you are more advanced, you can dive into the html and select only the affiliate link for whatever purpose you wish.
And there you have it, hopefully you have found the product you want to promote and received an affiliate link for it. You are almost ready to start making hundreds of dollars a minute, or at least a sale here and there.
Any questions, comments, corrections, additions? Tell me below!